Sunday, February 22, 2009

Not your Avarage Blog

This blog will not be like all the others. You could say it's a little more personal. So let's get right down to it. What's up?

Well, I've been in a real funk for the last week and a half. Satan has really done a number on me. Just when I am walking in God's will, he wants to try and knock me down.

I hadn't blogged for 8 days and I was not reading my bible. I was praying but it was not the same.

I felt this straining in my relationship with God. I still hungered for him and longed for His comfort and love, but I did not make that extra step to get it.

Then yesterday God got my attention.

It was not something monumental by the worlds standards, but it meant a lot to me.

I was just reading a Christian book (Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers [I highly recommended]) and the character, Michael Hosea, said that he was just a man. He was no prophet, no one that God could really use.
And I felt it in my heart God telling me that even I am useful for His kingdom. That I, a woman from small town Okeechobee can make a difference.

I am not greater than He, but He is greater through us and for us.
When I accepted Him, He gave me the power to do greater things, I just need to choose it.

John 14:12 (New Living Translation)

12 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.


God spoke and I listened. I praised and thanked Him for speaking to me the way He did and for making me realize that what I was feeling was not a phase, but a direct attack from Satan himself.

1 Peter 5:8-10 (New Living Translation)

8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are. 10 In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment