Sunday, July 12, 2009

To camp I go...

I will be heading out to camp tomorrow morning. We are going back to the stone age, where there is no cell phone reception.
Just kidding, but seriously it is amazing when I don't have to answer my cell phone; close myself off from the world.

I am going to have a great and challenging week. I am looking forward to a couple of things:
1. Getting closer to God.
2. Not cooking.
3. Wonderful Worship.
4. Amazing games.
5. Getting to know our youth group girls better.
6. No cellphone
7. I don't have to waste gas for a week =)
8. Late nights talking.

But there are somethings I am not so excited about:
1. Waking up at an ungodly hour.
2. No HOT water.
3. No big bed.
4. No big shower.

As you can see the pros outweigh the cons. I can't wait, and even though I do have cons it is all worth it in the end. The relationships built with God and friends make the sacrifice all the better to bear =)

I am willing to offer my friendship and sacrifice my sleep. Isn't that what we are called to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment