Monday, August 24, 2009

Tug of War

I love that game. You need strength and skill to win the game. You need determination and an ignorance to the things around you and just focus on task.

As of late that has been my life.
I have been playing Tug of War with God, and I have been loosing a mighty game.
I want to hold on to the things I know; where I am comfortable. But God is mighty and He is strong and as I am holding on to the rope, He keeps pulling--the rope burn is painful.

I ignored the signs He sent and rationalized my restlessness. As I am holding on I am holding back what God wants to do. I was focused on what I was doing that I forgot that God puts things in our lives for a season and then it's time to move on. All of my skills and strength come from Him, so plainly all I HAVE is stubbornness and arrogance.

These last two days God has really broken me, and it's painful. He has resurrected feelings and doubts, but one by one he has healed and brought truth and love. He has shared a lot with me, and for that I am thankful.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New Living Translation)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

I have known that scripture for awhile, but last night it took a brand new meaning. God's word is everlasting and applies to seasons of our lives. Even the most overused verses can freshen and inspire the soul.

One answer I can share is this:

James 4:8 (New Living Translation)

8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.

LORD I am done with the Tug of War. You win, but I don't loose...I am joining Your team. You always have room =)

No comments:

Post a Comment